Unicom Chemist Ltd has been in the Pharmaceutical business since August, 1995 providing wholesale and retail services to its valued customers in Ghana. With accreditation from both the Pharmacy Council of Ghana and The Food and Drugs Authority of Ghana to import, wholesale, distribute and also retail pharmaceuticals in Ghana.
The company operates from its own premises made up of three (3) main building blocks, providing office space, shops (Wholesale and Retail) and a warehouse space located at Hse.No.214,Odokor –Winneba Road, Chabaa, in the Southern Sector of Accra adjacent Takoradi Flour Mill as the Head Office.
Our Seven (7) other Retail shops are at the following destinations:
- Dansoman Roundabout adjacent Shell Filing Station
- Dansoman Control opposite the Dansoman Market
- Abeka Lapaz On N1 Highway close to Tema Station
- Accra Central, Okaishie on the drug lane
- Kaneshie near Cocoa Clinic
- Osu near Trust Hospital
- Bekwai Roundabout (Kumasi) in the Goil Filling Station
Our other Six (6) Wholesale services also operates within the following locations:
- Bantama opposite KATH Polyclinic-Kumasi,
- Osu near Fire Service Head Office ,
- Dansoman control opposite Dansoman Market
- Korle Bu opposite the Korle Bu Main Gate in Accra
- Okaishie on the Drug Lane in Accra Central.
- Ashiaman in the |Goil Filling Station mart opposite Ashaiman Senior High
OUR MISSION is to provide quality health solutions at affordable price to enhance quality of health of our people.
OUR VISION is to be counted among the top three Pharmaceutical Companies in Ghana in terms of Product Quality and Excellence in Service Delivery.
- Customer interest
Our Key Accounts include;
- The Ministry of Health who is our major client
- All the regional hospitals and Regional Medical Stores
- All District and General Hospitals
- The Teaching Hospitals
- The Major Private Hospitals
- Other Retail Pharmacies
Unicom Chemist has a cold storage facility for vaccines and other medications that require cold storage with two backup Power Generators to ensure there is constant supply of power and two cold vans for distribution purposes.
The Company is owned and Managed by the Directors
Mrs. Patience Tsegah – (The Managing Director) who is a clinical Pharmacist
Mr. Abiola Aheto –Tsegah (The Executive Director) who is a Procurement Specialist
The company currently has staff strength of One Hundred and Twenty (120) which includes Twenty (20) Pharmacists and Twelve (12) other professionals with the rest being support staff made up of Medical Counter Assistants (MCAs), Medical Representatives, Sales representatives, Accounts staff, Warehouse staff, office staff and Drivers.
Unicom Chemist holds distributorship agreements with reputable companies such as:
B Braun of Germany
Becton Dickson International (BD)
Imres of Holland
Akro Pharmaceuticals Limited – UK
Grand Pharmaceutical Group- China
Intas pharmaceuticals Ltd India
And currently a Sub Distributor for Pfizer and Zeneca.
We have a marketing team that compliments the promotional activities of the parent companies we represent. These include sales and medical representatives with nationwide coverage. Visits to doctors are done regularly by our team and they work mainly through medicine detailing and scientific drug presentations.
Unicom Chemist’s distribution channel is managed by the Company and is without doubt one of the most efficient in the country, with Fourteen (14) branded delivery vans, one (1) 20ft Truck, Three (3) Motorbikes and Ten (10) saloon cars which are regularly maintained with highly trained and experienced drivers.